Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4s) Permits:
As the Division of Water Quality responds to potential impacts to operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please observe to the following guidance regarding construction site stormwater management and inspections. This will ensure the protection of water quality:
- Operators should be prepared to stabilize a site to prevent erosion and sediment loss in the event of a need to shut down operations. Install and maintain BMPs and be prepared to stabilize disturbed surfaces.
- The requirements of the stormwater permits are not suspended due to a shutdown. If an operator plans to shut down, temporary stabilization measures must be taken to prevent erosion and sediment loss during the down period. Once temporary stabilization measures are in place and documented, reduced inspections can occur per Construction General Permit Part 4.4.
- If a site is in active construction, both operator self-inspections and MS4 inspections should be performed per the CGP and MS4 permit-dictated schedule while maintaining proper social distancing, i.e.reviewing SWPPPs online or via email with questions and follow up via email and phone.
- Annual Report Form (521 KB)
The MS4 Annual Report Form has been developed by EPA to obtain various MS4 program data. If you find you need additional space for your responses, please use Section 10, Additional Information.
- Construction Storm Water Inspection Form (Checklist) (06/2015)
The Division of Water Quality has developed a Construction Storm Water Inspection Form in coordination with the USWAC organization. This inspection form (checklist) will be used by DWQ and municipalities for inspection of construction projects throughout the State.
- Notice of Intent (1 MB)
An NOI should be submitted to the DWQ for coverage under the UPDES permit program.
Municipal Storm Water
Leanna Littler-Woolf (email@example.com) (801) 536-4397
Jeanne Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org) (801) 536-4369
Construction Storm Water
Ryan Curtin (email@example.com) (801) 536-4368
Industrial Storm Water
Carl Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) (801) 536-4330
Storm Water Specialist
Lisa Stevens (email@example.com) (385) 552-1478
Storm Water Inspectors
Kelsee York (firstname.lastname@example.org) (385) 260-2760
Storm Water Database
email@example.com (801) 536-4300