DWQ assembles and evaluates all readily available and credible data (6.4 MB) to determine whether a waterbody is supporting or not supporting its beneficial uses as mandated in 40 CFR 130.7(b)(5). Data are compared to Utah’s Standards of Quality for Waters of the State using the 303(d) Assessment Methods (3.5 MB). Interested parties are encouraged to submit credible data as described in the 303(d) Assessment Methods. Note: If you or your organization already submit data to DWQ through our Cooperative Monitoring Program, you don’t need to submit data through the Call for Data process.
Data submitted to DWQ or obtained by DWQ during the Integrated Report (IR) data compilation process are integrated into DWQ’s assessments as described in Table 3 of the 303(d) Assessment Methods and are subject to DWQ’s data management and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) processes. Should any data and information not be included in the IR assessment process, DWQ will clearly document which dataset (or datasets) were not included and the reason for rejecting them from the assessments.
Attention: If you submit data through DWQ’s Cooperator Program, you should not submit data during the Call for Data. If you have questions about DWQ’s Cooperator Program, please contact Ellen Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org). Data and information that are not brought forward during the IR’s Call for Data or presented to DWQ in accordance with the processes and timeframe discussed on this webpage or in the 303(d) Assessment Methods will not be treated as readily available for the purpose of assessment decisions during the 2022 assessment cycle.
The IR reports on the following for 303(d) assessment purposes:
- Flowing surface waters of the state
- Canals as identified in site-specific standards or named in the list of waters with the designated use classifications
- Lakes, reservoirs, and ponds
All other waters are currently reported through other programs within DWQ.
DWQ requested the following data for the 2022 IR:
- Quantitative and qualitative data as described in Table 10 of the 303(d) Assessment Methods
- Data and information from October 1, 2014—September 30, 2020
- Data not already available in DWQ’s Ambient Water Quality Data Management System (AWQMS), EPA’s Water Quality Portal, U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS) NWIS, and Utah State University’s BugLab. DWQ is already compiling the data and information from these sources.