Choose the form for your situation
Any individual wishing to hold an Onsite Professional certification in the state of Utah must apply to the Division of Water Quality.
- If you do not have a current Onsite Professional certification for that particular level, you will need to meet the requirements for “Original Certification.”
- If your certification has not expired, you will need to meet the “Renewal” requirements.
- All certifications require the individual to be a legal resident of the United States as demonstrated by completion of the Citizenship Certification (859 KB).
Utah Department of Environmental Quality Certification Pursuant to UCA 63G-12-104 (required for all “individuals” receiving a benefit from the State as of July 1, 2009)
Certification requires attendance at the required certification class(es) offered by the On-site Wastewater Training Center and passing the relevant exam(s).
- Application Form (995 KB) (For best results, download the form to your computer before using it.)
For Original Certification after attending class (be sure to include the Citizenship/Alien ID Certification form (859 KB)).
- Waiver Application Form (1.7 MB) (For best results, download the form to your computer before using it.)
For Original Certification of licensed professional engineer, licensed environmental health scientist, or license contractor who has passed the relevant exam(s), but waived attendance at the certification class(es) (be sure to include the Citizenship/Alien ID Certification form (859 KB))
A current certificate number is required in order to sign up for the re-certification classes. Application forms for the certificate will be included in the packet from the class or below.
- Renewal Application Form (991 KB) (For best results, download the form to your computer before using it.)
For renewal of current Onsite Professional Certification(s)—attendance at re-certification classes is mandatory prior to renewal. The current schedule of training classes is available on the On-site Wastewater Training Center Website. (Be sure to include the Citizenship/Alien ID Certification Form (859 KB).)
Certification Fee Payments
Certification fees may be paid by cash, check, money order, or on-line using the Water Quality Shopping Cart. On-line payments CANNOT be processed without a corresponding application, so the application form must also be submitted and include the “Order Number” when an on-line payment is used.
For additional information on certification of professionals, call (801) 536-4344. For all other questions related to designs, plans, or financial assistance, please contact Ken Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org), (801) 536-4313.