Update June 15, 2021
Follow-up letter regarding the resubmittal of the Depleted Uranium Performance Assessment
The Division has followed our Acceptance/Completeness Review of EnergySolutions’ Federal Cell License Application (see Update May 13, 2021 below) with a letter suggesting possible alternates on the organization and presentation of the upcoming resubmittal of the Depleted Uranium Performance Assessment that was included as a part of the Federal Cell License Application dated April 9, 2021.
- Download the follow-up letter (242 KB)
Update May 13, 2021
The Division has performed Acceptance/Completeness Review.
The Division has performed an acceptance/completeness review of the EnergySolutions’ Federal Cell License Application. This review was conducted following U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s guidance contained within NUREG-1199 and NUREG-1200.
- Download the review (413 KB)
On April 9th, 2021, EnergySolutions, Inc. submitted a license application for the disposal of Depleted Uranium. The application will be reviewed for completeness by comparing the documents with the subject headings in NUREG-1199, “Standard Format and Content of a License Application for a Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility” and the table of contents in NUREG-1200, “Standard Review Plan for the Review of a License Application for a Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility”. If the application is found to be complete, it will be officially accepted for full review.
Federal Cell License Application: April 9, 2021
The Federal Cell License Application is a very large document. Download the entire file or choose separate parts.
- (Transmittal / Cover Letter) Federal Cell Facility Radioactive Material License Application, Groundwater Quality Discharge Permit UGW450005 Modification Request (3.8 MB)
- Federal Cell Facility Application for a Radioactive Material License (3 MB)
- Appendix A – Suggested Radioactive Material License for the Federal Cell Facility (3.3 MB)
- Appendix B – 2020 Annual Meteorological Report (3.2 MB)
- Appendix C – Bingham Environmental Hydrogeologic Report (52 MB)
- Appendix D – Phase 1 Basal-Depth Study Report and 2021 Interrogatory Responses (77 MB)
- Appendix E – Revised Hydrogeologic Report Waste Disposal Facility (24 MB)
- Appendix F – 2020 Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report (43 MB)
- Appendix G – SWCA Vegetation Study (SWCA, 2011) (29 MB)
- Appendix H – Federal Cell Facility Engineering Drawings (1.5 MB)
- Appendix I – Proposed Federal Cell Facility Construction Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manual (638 KB)
- Appendix J – Cover / Liner Construction Estimates (87 KB)
- Appendix K – Drainage Ditch Calculations (231 KB)
- Appendix L – Methodologies for Evaluating Long-Term Stabilization Designs (NUREG/CR-4620) (25 KB)
- Appendix M – Geosyntec Federal Cell Engineering Evaluation (Geosyntec, 2021) (16 MB)
- Appendix N – Neptune Erosion Analysis (Neptune, 2021a) (2.3 MB)
- Appendix O – Federal Cell Facility Waste Characterization Plan (268 KB)
- Appendix P – Neptune Cover Infiltration Analysis (Neptune, 2021b) (12 MB)
- Appendix Q – Depleted Uranium Performance Assessment (76 MB)
- Appendix R – Financial Closure and Post-Closure Surety Analysis (804 KB)
- Appendix S – Example Standby Trust Agreements (194 KB)
- Appendix T – Long-Term Stewardship Agreement for the Federal Cell Facility (378 KB)
- Appendix U – Draft Memorandum of Agreement (258 KB)